Reporting to the Director - Technical, you will be responsible for assisting the Director in all aspects of the show’s logistical operations, planning and budget management. More specifically, you will be responsible for carrying out the following tasks.
- Support the Director in all aspects of logistical operations related to the show, artistic quality and compliance with standards for the show;
- Coordinate the scheduling of tear down and set up, show calls, and vacations;
- Ensure the proper management of the inventory and customs tracking system as it pertains to the Show equipment;
- Support Director and Head of Departments in the management of all Show equipment and ensure all programs related to equipment use, maintenance and acquisitions are applied in collaboration with the Technical Show Support Department, Tour Planning Department and the Senior Director – Technical Operations;
- Follow and maintain established budgets with the Director as well as tracking and forecasting to improve efficiency and implement cost saving measures;
- Work with the Technical Show Support Department to update the preventive maintenance and inspection program as well as the installation and operating procedures for show equipment;
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed, including those related to health and safety;
- Coordinate Health and Safety training sessions, and workplace health and safety procedures according to the laws and company standards in effect.
- Support all on-site technical operations from beginning to end in each city—i.e. installation, performances, and tear-down;
- Coordinate with Assistant Director - Site Operations, logistics needs of Technical Department;
- With Head of departments, keep and archive daily inspection and maintenance logs;
- Ensure the documentation of all modifications made to the Show equipment and participate in the preventive maintenance and inspection program;
- Supervise temporary staff during the city run, setup and tear down;
- Oversee the approval and payment of invoices for Fly-in and temporary labor to the agencies used by technical operations.
- Ensure safety standards are followed during operations and promote and apply the company Health and Safety Program;
- Act on behalf of the Director on operational matters as needed;
- Act as point person of contact to coordinate the fly-in resources;
- Act as Director on Duty, when required.
- Participate in all meetings related to the position, including but not limited to; technical operations meetings, Head of Department meetings, marking reviews, transport meetings, forums, planning and project meetings.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- University diploma or equivalent work experience; a pertinent combination of academic background and professional experience will be considered;
- Touring experience required;
- Six to eight years’ experience in show business or events technical management;
- Flexibility, self-reliance and team-player approach;
- Ability to handle contingencies and work well under pressure;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Good team spirit;
- Familiarity with Microsoft applications in the Windows environment;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD LT software;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken; fluency in French or any additional language considered an asset;
- Availability to tour internationally full-time and to work in foreign countries.