This position is based in Montreal at Cirque du Soleil’s at International Headquarters.
As a member of our team, you will play a key role in providing on-call support to the Performance Medicine team in Montreal in treating injuries for artists and performers. You will assist in getting artists ready to join a touring show, new show creation or special event to perform at the highest standard.
Did you know that?
We are now close to 1500 employees at the International Headquarters, but Cirque du Soleil has close to 4000 employees worldwide including 1300 performers.
Our artists can perform up to 10 shows a week and up to 350 times a year internationally.
In 2016, close to 400 artists came through our headquarters.
All new artists are booked for a mandatory medical assessment.
Our International Headquarters in Montreal contains several fully-equipped training studios whereby artists of various disciplines train their skills. In one of our studios, you’ll find an 8-foot deep pit filled with 25,000 cubes of foam!
· You will bring a creative and high standard our approach to treatment and rehabilitation due to the unique individuals you will work with;
· Work in collaboration with the coaching and performance science department to establish a plan of care;
· Within your scope of practice, deliver, at a high standard of care, physical evaluations, rehabilitative and emergency care relevant to the functional demand of our artists and environment (clinical diagnosis, therapeutic care and emergency response);
· Provide timely and safe emergency response and care when necessary, while actively participating in maintaining/optimizing emergency preparedness of the environment;
- Consistently document and manage all medical information, interactions and events as per medico-legal requirements, while upholding artist-therapist confidentiality at all times;
- Actively collaborate with coaches and Head Therapist in establishing and implementing programs directed at the prevention of injury relevant to an artists’ specific challenges (using various exercise approaches);
- Adhere to optimal safety guidelines and processes within the artists’ working and performance environments;
- Accompany artists to medical appointments when indicated, for the purpose of artist/show support while ensuring all necessary legal/insurance documents are being obtained, properly communicated and filed.
We want to meet you if you have:
- University-degree in Physiotherapy with specialization in sports or a University degree in Athletic Therapy;
- Valid CPR certification and Emergency Sports First Responder or EMT courses;
- At least 4 years of relevant clinical experience;
· Experience with on field sports coverage;
- Experience with manual therapy, exercise therapy and emergency care;
- Experience working with high-calibre athletes or dancers;
- Ability to work and communicate with medical and paramedical professionals;
- Adaptability to working with different cultures and different needs;
- Fluency in English and French.
You will love to:
· Work with a variety of acrobats, professional dancers, extreme sports, physical actors;
· Discover a variety of performance disciplines;
· Learn about Cirque du Soleil’s standards in Performance Medicine;
- Immerse yourself in a multicultural environment;
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Contribute to the success of our shows;
- Work out at our gym or play volleyball on our outdoor court.
Submit your profile and enter our pool of candidates today!