Internship – Graphic Design
Intern Position - Anticipated Start Date of January 2020
Can you imagine jump-starting your career in an internship that encourages you to challenge the status quo? Do you want to be part of the next generation of talent Cirque du Soleil is known for? Are you ready to take the skills you've learned in the classroom and apply them to real-world hands-on work experience? That's what we're looking for in our next Graphic Design Intern.
As a Graphic Design intern you will:
· Resize print ads, web banners, posters, and dura‐trans;
· Prepare documents for final production;
· Retouch photos;
· Provide format adjustment, typesetting services, layout design, and asset modification upon request (Print services);
· Provide general and creative development services for internet advertising placements as necessary. Basic html 5, .gif, and .jpg files will be supported with files size constraints considered. Work with outsourced agencies to assure proper file formats and quality of deliverables.
· Observe and maintain company graphics standards with regards to all company logos, images and visuals.
· Propose project plans to accomplish desired outcome and advise project leads on development timelines.
· Archive all print materials, audiovisual materials and photographic materials.
To be considered for this internship, you MUST meet all of the below requirements:
· Ability to work in the US without immigration sponsorship from Cirque du Soleil; NO EXCEPTIONS
· The ability to participate the entire length of the internship program (currently 9 to 12 consecutive weeks based on candidate availability);
· Hold enough credits within your college or university to be classified as either a Junior or Senior;
o Exception – Current MFA or graduate program students also qualify.
· The ability to receive college credit for the internship is appreciated;
o Exception – you may apply for an internship during the semester or quarter immediately following graduation only.
· Have a 3.0 G.P.A (cumulative or within your degree program);
· Application must include the following three components:
o Resume containing relevant experience;
o Essay requirement (MINIMUM 300 words): How would an internship with Cirque du Soleil help meet your future goals and what distinguishes you from other applicants?
o Five samples of your design work from your portfolio;
o RESUME, ESSAY, AND DESIGN SAMPLES CAN BE SUBMITTED TOGETHER AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF. SUBMISSIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE BOTH RESUME AND ESSAY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
· Willing to work in Las Vegas, NV;
· Ability to provide your own transportation and housing while participating in the internship;
· Ability to communicate in English;
· Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet;
· Intermediate working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Knowledge of After Effect and Adobe Animate is a plus;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Ability to live or provide for your own means on NV minimum wage of $10.00 per hour pay rate.