Proven experience in show calling is required to apply for this position. Only candidates with experience in show calling will be contacted.
Note: This job posting is to fill a temporary position on one the MSC Cruises ships. If you are hired for this position, you will be an employee of our partner, MSC Cruises. This means you will be on their company payroll and will comply with their employment policies. Also note that this position involves working and living aboard a cruise ship for 6 to 9 months with possibilities of renewal.
Our partner, MSC Cruises is looking for a Show Operations Director who will oversee the operational and artistic activities of the Cirque du Soleil at Sea performances on board of MSC Meraviglia ship. Reporting operationally to the on-board MSC Cruise Director and functionally to Cirque du Soleil Director of Operations and Director of Artistic Quality, the Show Operations Director will act as Cirque du Soleil representative on board and will be required to plan, organise, lead and manage the staff, artists and all operations related to the Cirque du Soleil at Sea performances.
· Manage the Cirque du Soleil at Sea team and ensure everything runs smoothly;
· Prepare and maintain the performance script;
· Act as principal show caller;
· Manage all aspects of on-site services to the staff and artists including administrative follow-up, human resources, transportation, lodging, etc.;
· Manage the daily performances, rehearsals, trainings and operations;
· Ensure adherence to MSC mission, policies & procedures;
· Ensure that the shows meet and maintain the high-quality artistic, technical and safety standards as established by Cirque du Soleil;
· Provide show and weekly reports;
· In the event of a force majeure or catastrophic event, act as the Security Focal Point, spokesperson and coordinate the cancellation of performances with MSC Cruises & Cirque du Soleil management;
· Ensure the implementation, communication and follow-up of corporate decisions, human resources and administrative rules, and processes;
· Ensure occupational health and safety procedures, norms and standards are respected;
· Implement and follow up on the artistic, acrobatic and technical adjustments as needed and modifications to various components of the Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows as requested by the Director of Artistic Quality of Cirque du Soleil;
· Make recommendations to the Director of Artistic Quality of Cirque du Soleil for any artistic and acrobatic changes or adjustments needed for the maintenance of the show and its performers;
· Monitor and manage contractual agreements with artists, employees & suppliers (integration, training, renewal process, etc.) and Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows assets in collaboration with MSC Cruises and Cirque du Soleil;
· Act as an ambassador on behalf of Cirque du Soleil when liaising with partners, employees, artists, suppliers, media, or local authorities for the show and promote harmonious relationships;
· Ensure an appropriate quality of life standard within the parameters set by the organization is maintained for all employees and artists.
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in live show management in an international context;
· Ability to work in the field while managing corporate partnership expectations;
· Show calling experience;
· Basic understanding of Qlab software;
· Working knowledge of computer software,
· International cruise ship or touring experience, an asset;
· Fluency in spoken and written English is essential; the applicant should be able to pass a CEFR Level A1 English examination;
· Be authorized and available to tour full time aboard a ship and to work in foreign countries.
· Politically savvy;
· Proven leadership skills;
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
· Excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills.
Cirque du Soleil at Sea
MSC Cruises pair up with Cirque du Soleil to offer its guests, in a purpose-built entertainment venue, a Cirque du Soleil at Sea
exclusive shows, on-board the Meraviglia fleet.
The world’s fourth largest cruise line and largest privately-owned cruise company, and market leader in the Mediterranean, South America and South Africa. Following several years of unprecedented growth, MSC Cruises sails throughout the year in the Mediterranean, and offers a wide range of seasonal itineraries.