Technical Director – MSC Virtuosa Production
Temporary position From March 2020 to November 2020 (approximately 8 months)
Please note that there will be a temporary assignment in France for approximately 2 months (August 30 to November 5, 2020)
Reporting to the Production Manager, the incumbent must plan and manage the production of all technical aspects of 2 new shows to meet all creative and operational requirements according to stated parameters, timetables and budgets. To do so, he or she must ensure a high level of cooperation between all internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be required to:
- Ensure the production of the show’s technical elements, including proposals, plans and quotes, tenders. production, delivery, testing and adjustments;
- Supervise and manage the props production;
- Plan and manage the work of the technical team during production, load-in and rehearsals;
- Ensure the safety of artists and technicians by completing risk analysis and by putting in place necessary tools and equipment;
- Manage the creation of the show’s technical documentation;
- Establish the technical needs for all show elements;
- Establish and manage budgets for all technical aspects of the project;
- Establish technical schedules and ensure they are respected;
- Ensure the technical, technological and set design quality of the show;
- Ensure all deliverables meet established parameters.
- Relevant training in show production;
- Minimum five years’ experience in the technical aspects of show production;
- Good knowledge of all technical aspects of production and show performances;
- Proven management experience;
- Ability to deal with the nature of the creative process;
- Solid experience in project management;
- Ability to supervise and lead a work team;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Leadership, self-reliance, team spirit, persuasiveness and negotiation skills;
- Ability to make decisions quickly and efficiently;
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment and proficiency using Excel and AutoCAD;
- Available to work in Europe for two months.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- Work within our business casual environment.